Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Diwali!

This past weekend, Myrna and I, as well as my friend Heather, attended the 1st Annual Diwali Festival in Baltimore (Unfortunately, Jayson couldn't join us b/c he had to work at the Hilton all weekend). I was so excited that FINALLY there was a festival of this kind in downtown Baltimore. In the past, if I wanted to go to something like this, I'd have to drive down to Bethesda or Rockville or go to the Jain/Hindu Temple in Carroll County (not that I ever did), which all are just too far and not worth the effort. But, this time...it was just a short 3 minute drive away!


I had a lot of fun dressing Myrna up. This gorgeous little outfit was loaned to us by Hemangbhai and Tejalbhabi last year, but Myrna was just 3 months old then, so it was way too big on her. This year, however, it fit her perfectly.



We ate some pretty yu
mmy food, partook in some people watching as well as watching some dance performances, and walked around to look at all the clothing and jewelry vendors. It was VERY crowded and a little reminiscent of India ;-), but nonetheless a really good time. Myrna particularly enjoyed the music and only reinforced the fact that she does not have a shy bone in her body. I think we might have our next Bollywood star here... ;-)



She even found a dance partner...



Wishing
you Peace, Happiness, and Prosperity in the New Year!
Happy Diwali!

2 comments:

Dada and Dadi said...

My baby with her Baby! How lucky can we get!

Mindi Levin said...

Oh Dipti. She's absolutely precious. Love these pix. Too cute. Mindi