
Last week, we all went down to Virginia Beach for 3 days. Jayson had a training at the Hilton down there, and Myrna and I decided to tag along for a mini-vacation. The hotel was right on the beach and we had a nice view of the ocean. The weather wasn't exactly 'beach-like', but it was still nice to get out of town and go somewhere new. My

rna mostly had fun greeting all the dogs that were on the boardwalk and trying to chase the seagulls on the beach. Since this was her first exposure to sand, she really didn't know how to walk in it. And, of course, this is Myrna, so she had to 'taste' it as well (she found it to be a bit gritty :-)). I was pretty intrigued by all the ships you could see from the shore as well as military planes that flew overhead every 15-20 min (one of the largest Navy bases is in Norfolk, which isn't too far from VA Beach). Did I mention that we also saw dolphins! That was super cool! We only saw them on the first day, and I tried to get a good picture, but they just move too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment