Since Myrna turned 1, I've heard various comments about her new 'status.' According to some of my mom friends, she's a 'toddler' now. Is she? I had no idea! I knew she was no longer an 'infant' but I thought the toddler status didn't take effect until she was 2 years old! Other moms have agreed with my thought process, while the other camp states that toddler status commences when the child begins walking or 'toddling.'
So, is Myrna a toddler or not??
Weigh in by leaving a comment.
3 comments:
Obviously I'm not a mother, but I always thought "toddler" meant they were 2+....for what it's worth, that's what Mita Masi thinks!:)
Looks like you do, in fact, have a toddler on your hands!
Toddler: A young child who is learning to walk with short unsteady steps. The word toddle is of unknown origin.
From MedicineNet.com
Joey
Hmm. Looks like Joey beat me to the dictionary. She's your daughter and you can identify her as an infant, or toddler, your choice. That being said, I have always considered little persons to be toddlers once they start walking upright. The dictionary defines infant as 1. a child in the first period of life; and 2. as a person who is not of full age, a minor. So, you and Jay can decide.
Post a Comment